Suffering from pelvic floor issues can be frustrating and uncomfortable at times. To regain pelvic muscle strength and improve control, one effective method is using an electric kegel exerciser. In this article, we'll explore the benefits of electric kegel exercisers and how they can be safely used for optimal results. Stay with us as we shed light on how this amazing device will change your pelvic floor therapy journey for the better.
What is an Electric Kegel Exerciser?
An electric kegel exerciser is a small, battery-operated device designed to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. It works by sending mild electrical pulses through your pelvic region, stimulating the muscles and causing them to contract. This helps improve muscle tone, endurance and strength over time.
Benefits of Electric Kegel Exercisers
- Improves pelvic floor strength and control
- Helps prevent and treat incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse
- Enhances sexual satisfaction and performance
- Provides an effective and convenient alternative to manual kegel exercises
- May be beneficial for postpartum recovery
Choosing the Right Electric Kegel Exerciser
When shopping for an electric kegel exerciser, consider the following factors to ensure you choose the right one for your needs:
- Material: Choose a device made from body-safe, non-toxic materials such as medical-grade silicone or ABS plastic.
- Size: Depending on your comfort level, select an exerciser with a suitable size for insertion. Keep in mind that some devices are designed with adjustable sizes to cater to individual needs.
- Strength of contractions: Consider devices with adjustable intensity levels to customize the level of muscle contraction as you progress in your therapy.
- Additional features: Some exercisers come with added features, such as remote control, app integration, or built-in vibration patterns for a more personalized experience.
How to Use an Electric Kegel Exerciser
Using an electric kegel exerciser is simple and straightforward, but you should always follow the manufacturer's guidelines for proper usage. Here are general steps on how to use such a device:
Transform Your Pelvic Floor in Just 4 Weeks: The Pelvic Floor Bible
- Read the user manual provided with the device, as each exerciser may have specific instructions.
- Apply a water-based lubricant to the device and your vaginal opening for easy insertion.
- Gently insert the device into the vagina, leaving the retrieval string or handle outside.
- Adjust the intensity of the electrical stimulation as desired.
- Allow the exerciser to stimulate your pelvic floor muscles for the recommended duration (usually 15-30 minutes).
- Turn off the device and remove it carefully.
- Clean the device thoroughly after each use according to manufacturer instructions.
Electric Kegel Exerciser Example:
Jane, a 35-year-old working mother of two, has been experiencing stress incontinence since the birth of her youngest child. She started using an electric kegel exerciser as part of her pelvic floor therapy. By using the device for 20 minutes a day, coupled with manual kegel exercises, Jane noticed an improvement in her pelvic floor strength within weeks. She also found the exerciser's adjustable intensity and built-in vibration patterns enjoyable and effective in enhancing her sexual satisfaction.
Pelvic floor issues can be frustrating and debilitating, but incorporating an electric kegel exerciser into your therapy routine can bring about a significant improvement. Take the first step towards a stronger, healthier pelvic floor by choosing the right device and using it effectively.
If you've found this article helpful, please do share it with your friends and family who may also benefit from learning about electric kegel exercisers. And don't forget to explore our other articles on pelvic floor therapy for even more valuable insights and guidance on maintaining a healthy, happy life.