Are you looking to improve your pelvic floor health but unsure where to start when it comes to kegel exercises? Look no further - we've found the best Kegel exercise videos available on YouTube to help you on your journey to a stronger, healthier pelvic floor. Get ready to dive into this informative and engaging guide!
What Are kegel exercises?
kegel exercises, also known as pelvic floor exercises, are designed to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles, which support the uterus, bladder, small intestine, and rectum. Strengthening these muscles can help alleviate urinary incontinence, improve sexual function, and support overall pelvic health.
Benefits of kegel exercises
- Prevent urinary incontinence
- Improve sexual function
- Support during pregnancy and childbirth
- Recovery after childbirth
- Reducing the risk of pelvic organ prolapse
Top Kegel Exercise YouTube Videos
To help get you started, we've selected some of the best Kegel exercise videos available on YouTube, covering different aspects and approaches to kegel exercises. Choose the one(s) that resonate with you the most and get ready to strengthen your pelvic floor!
1. AskDoctorJo: How to Do kegel exercises to Help with Pelvic Floor Strengthening
Physical therapist Doctor Jo provides a straightforward and easy-to-follow guide on how to perform kegel exercises. She covers the basics, including the importance of a strong pelvic floor and common misconceptions about kegel exercises. It's perfect for beginners!
Transform Your Pelvic Floor in Just 4 Weeks: The Pelvic Floor Bible
2. Michelle Kenway: How to Strengthen Your Pelvic Floor with kegel exercises
Michelle Kenway, a physiotherapist and fitness expert, offers an in-depth look at kegel exercises, covering both technique and progression. She also offers tips for postpartum women to help restore pelvic floor strength.
3. FemFusion Fitness: Kegels 101 – How to Find and Feel Your Pelvic Floor Muscles
Dr. Bri, a physical therapist and women's health expert, guides women through finding and feeling their pelvic floor muscles. Her approach includes a variety of techniques to help women better engage these muscles during kegel exercises. This video is ideal for those who may be struggling to identify the correct muscles to target.
4. Pelvic Floor Exercise: Quick Pelvic Floor Workout to Help Prevent Prolapse
This video offers a quick pelvic floor workout designed to help prevent or manage pelvic organ prolapse. It's a great resource for those looking to improve their pelvic floor strength in a short amount of time.
kegel exercises Example:
Sample Kegel Exercise Routine:
- Find a comfortable position – sitting, standing, or lying down.
- Take a deep breath and relax your pelvic floor muscles as you exhale.
- Inhale, and as you exhale, engage your pelvic floor muscles, lifting and squeezing as if you were trying to stop the flow of urine mid-stream.
- Hold the contraction for 3-5 seconds, continuing to breathe normally.
- Relax your pelvic floor muscles for 3-5 seconds.
- Repeat this process 10 times, 3 times per day.
And there you have it - a comprehensive introduction to kegel exercises, benefits, and some of the best resources available on YouTube. We hope you found this guide useful and feel more confident and informed about improving your pelvic floor health through kegel exercises. Remember, consistency and patience are key to success in any new exercise routine. Don't hesitate to share this article with friends and family who may also benefit from this information, and be sure to explore our other helpful guides on Pelvic Floor Therapy. Together, we can build a stronger, healthier pelvic floor community!