Are you looking to improve your pelvic floor health and strengthen your muscles? kegel exercises are the way to go! But how can you stay consistent and ensure you're doing them properly? The answer might just be in your pocket. Introducing the world of Kegel exercise apps! Read on to discover what these apps can do for you and why incorporating them into your routine is a game-changer for your pelvic floor health.
What are kegel exercises?
kegel exercises, named after Dr. Arnold Kegel who first introduced them, help strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. These muscles support the bladder, uterus, rectum, and small intestine and play a critical role in bladder and bowel control, sexual function, and overall pelvic health. kegel exercises involve contracting and relaxing these muscles in a controlled and repetitive manner.
Why are kegel exercises Important?
There are several benefits of kegel exercises, including:
- Increased bladder control
- Reduced risk of pelvic organ prolapse
- Improved sexual function and pleasure
- Enhanced recovery after childbirth
- Prevention and management of urinary and bowel incontinence
Moreover, kegel exercises can be done discreetly anytime, anywhere, making them a convenient and accessible tool for improving your pelvic health.
Transform Your Pelvic Floor in Just 4 Weeks: The Pelvic Floor Bible
Introducing Kegel Exercise Apps
Kegel exercise apps can help you stay accountable, track your progress, and ensure you're performing the exercises correctly. These apps typically offer guided workouts, reminders, progress tracking, and sometimes even a gamified experience to make the exercises more enjoyable. With several apps available on the market, you can choose the one that best fits your needs and preferences.
Features of Kegel Exercise Apps
- Customized exercise plans according to your needs and goals
- Reminders and notifications to help you stay consistent
- Visual and audio cues to ensure proper technique
- Progress tracking and achievements for motivation and encouragement
- Education and resources on pelvic floor health and related topics
- Discretion and privacy, as pelvic health can be a sensitive topic for some
Top-Rated Kegel Exercise Apps
Here are some popular Kegel exercise apps that you can consider trying:
- Pelvic Floor First – Provides information on safe exercises, customized workouts, and progress tracking
- Kegel Trainer – Offers daily reminders, varied exercises, and five different difficulty levels
- Elvie Trainer – Connects to a wearable Elvie device, providing real-time feedback and a gamified workout experience
- Kegel Camp – Created by a renowned sexologist, this app provides a 20-level program with daily reminders
It's essential to choose an app that resonates with you and keeps you motivated to work on your pelvic floor health consistently.
kegel exercises App Example:
Let's say you've been experiencing some mild urinary incontinence and have heard that kegel exercises can help. You decide to download the Kegel Trainer app to help support your efforts. The app provides you with a personalized exercise plan, which includes three sets of 10 repetitions per day. It also has a discreet reminder feature that sends you notifications to remind you when it's time for your workout.
As you progress through the levels, you notice a significant improvement in your bladder control, and the app's tracking feature helps you stay motivated by showing your progress over time. The Kegel Trainer app has made all the difference in helping you maintain a consistent routine and see results.
Incorporating a Kegel exercise app into your routine can make all the difference in staying accountable, tracking progress, and ensuring you're performing the exercises correctly. And the benefits of a strong and healthy pelvic floor are well worth the effort! Give one of these apps a try today and start reaping the rewards of better bladder control, improved sexual function, and overall enhanced pelvic health. Liked this article? Please share it with friends and family, and explore our other guides on Pelvic Floor Therapy for even more valuable information on maintaining a healthy pelvic floor.