The journey towards healing and a better quality of life starts with understanding your body's needs better. At New Dimensions Physical Therapy, we are dedicated to providing comprehensive, innovative, and personalized care for those seeking to improve their pelvic health – a crucial aspect of their overall well-being. In this guide, we will take you through our therapy programs and services that are specifically designed to give you a holistic approach towards a robust pelvic floor and discover how New Dimensions Physical Therapy can help you achieve a happier and healthier life.
What is Pelvic Floor Therapy?
Pelvic floor therapy focuses on diagnosing and treating dysfunctions related to the muscles, ligaments, and connective tissues that comprise the pelvic floor. Several factors, such as pregnancy, childbirth, aging, surgery, excessive straining, or trauma, can contribute to these imbalances or weaknesses that might manifest in urinary incontinence, organ prolapse, chronic pain, sexual dysfunction, and more. A strong pelvic floor is essential not only for maintaining pelvic organ support but also for ensuring the proper functioning of your bladder, bowel, and reproductive systems.
At New Dimensions Physical Therapy, our team of licensed physical therapists and specialists evaluate and address the unique needs of our patients to ensure the most effective treatment plan. By using the latest evidence-based techniques, cutting-edge technology, and a whole-body approach to care, we help you attain your wellness goals with a personalized plan that suits you the best.
Transform Your Pelvic Floor in Just 4 Weeks: The Pelvic Floor Bible
Services and Programs at New Dimensions Physical Therapy
1. Comprehensive Evaluation: Our journey starts with a thorough assessment of your medical history, movement patterns, and muscle function to determine the root cause of your pelvic floor dysfunction. This allows us to devise a customized plan to target your specific needs and concerns.
2. Manual Therapy: Our skilled therapists use proven techniques such as soft tissue mobilization, joint mobilization, and trigger point release to relieve pain, increase range of motion or mobility, and ultimately improve your quality of life.
3. Pelvic Floor Muscle Training: This involves teaching you how to contract, relax, and coordinate your pelvic floor muscles correctly to improve their strength, endurance, and function.
4. Biofeedback: Biofeedback is a valuable tool to provide immediate feedback on your muscle activity during pelvic floor exercises, ensuring you are performing them correctly. This can speed up your recovery and make your therapy sessions more efficient.
5. Electrical Stimulation: In certain cases, electrical stimulation may be used to help activate your pelvic floor muscles or relieve pain through the application of low-level electrical currents to the targeted area.
6. Patient Education: Education is a vital component of your recovery journey. We ensure you are equipped with the knowledge and tools you need to improve your pelvic health through self-care and preventative strategies.
7. Pilates-Based Rehabilitation: Pilates can be a highly effective way to improve your strength, flexibility, balance, and overall health as it focuses on building and maintaining strong, functional core muscles.
New Dimensions Physical Therapy Example:
Imagine a patient named Jane who is suffering from urinary incontinence and lower back pain. At New Dimensions Physical Therapy, her comprehensive evaluation reveals a weak pelvic floor and poor body mechanics that exacerbate her symptoms. Her personalized therapy plan would include pelvic floor muscle training, manual therapy, and Pilates-based exercises. After several weeks of therapy, Jane notices a significant improvement in her pelvic floor strength, incontinence symptoms, and overall quality of life.
At New Dimensions Physical Therapy, our mission is to empower you to improve your pelvic health through evidence-based, comprehensive care. Whether you are experiencing pain, dysfunction, or want to explore preventative strategies, our dedicated team of experts is here to guide you every step of the way. Don't wait to take control of your pelvic health – share this post and explore the other valuable resources on our Pelvic Floor Therapy blog today.