Kegel egg exercises are becoming increasingly popular among women of all ages, primarily due to their applicability in improving pelvic floor health and sexual wellness. However, the concept of kegel exercises with eggs might be confusing or intimidating for some. In this comprehensive guide, we will discover the benefits of kegel egg exercises, learn proper usage techniques, and provide a realistic example to follow. With this guide, get ready to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles and elevate your overall well-being.
What are Kegel Egg Exercises and Their Benefits?
Kegel egg exercises involve the insertion of egg-shaped weights, also known as yoni eggs, into the vagina to perform pelvic floor exercices effectively. These eggs are typically made from various natural stones, such as jade, rose quartz, or obsidian, and come in different sizes to match users' preferences and comfort. The primary benefits of kegel egg exercises include:
- Strengthening pelvic floor muscles
- Boosting sexual performance and pleasure
- Helping prevent urinary incontinence and prolapse
- Improving postpartum recovery
- Enhancing overall well-being and spiritual health
Different Egg Sizes and Materials
Beginners can start with larger, lighter eggs, while advanced users might choose smaller, heavier eggs for more resistance. It is essential to investigate the material's safety and sustainability when buying kegel eggs. High-quality, non-porous materials, such as medical-grade silicone, stainless steel, or genuine stones, are recommended to ensure proper hygiene and durability.
How to Prepare and Insert the Egg
Before your first use, thoroughly clean the kegel egg with warm water and mild soap. You can also sterilize it by boiling it for 5-10 minutes and allowing it to cool. You may choose to attach a string to the egg's hole for easy removal when you are finished.
Transform Your Pelvic Floor in Just 4 Weeks: The Pelvic Floor Bible
Find a comfortable and quiet space where you can focus on your exercises. Apply a water-based lubricant to the egg before gently inserting it into your vagina with the wider part going in first. Remember to relax your muscles and breathe during the insertion process.
Sample Kegel Egg Exercise Routine
Once the egg is comfortably in place, follow these steps for an effective kegel egg exercise routine:
- Lie down: Begin by lying down on your back with your knees bent, feet flat on the ground, and relaxed muscles.
- Locate your pelvic floor muscles: To identify the correct muscles, pretend you’re stopping the flow of urine midstream or holding in gas. These muscles are your pelvic floor muscles.
- Perform kegel repetitions: Contract your pelvic floor muscles as if you are trying to lift the egg upwards. Hold the contraction for 5 seconds and then relax for 5 seconds. Repeat this 10 times.
- Rest and regain strength: Wait for 30-60 seconds before performing another set of 10 kegel contractions, working up to three sets per session.
- Practice regularly: Ideally, perform these exercises 3-4 times per week, increasing the duration and intensity as your muscles strengthen.
Congratulations on taking valuable steps towards better pelvic floor health by incorporating kegel egg exercises into your wellness routine! As you continue these exercises, you can expect to not only improve your physical and sexual health but also build confidence in all aspects of your life. Don’t forget to share this article with family and friends – your support might inspire them to embark on their own kegel egg exercise journey. Be sure to explore other Pelvic Floor Therapy guides for more insights, tips, and techniques on pelvic floor health.