Pelvic floor health is crucial to everyone, regardless of gender, age, or fitness level. Having strong pelvic floor muscles not only reduce the risk of incontinence and prolapse, but also improve overall health and sexual well-being. One device that has gained significant attention in recent years for improving pelvic floor strength is the Kegel exerciser. In this guide, we take an in-depth look at the Kegel exerciser device, its benefits, how it works, and how to use it effectively.
What are Kegel Exercisers?
Kegel exercisers are devices specifically designed to help individuals perform kegel exercises more effectively. These exercises, named after Dr. Arnold Kegel, involve repeatedly contracting and relaxing the pelvic floor muscles to improve their strength and endurance. Kegel exercisers come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and materials, ranging from simple weighted balls to high-tech devices with sensors and apps that provide real-time feedback on your performance.
Why Use a Kegel Exerciser Device?
Using a Kegel exerciser offers several benefits over performing kegel exercises with no aid. Some of these benefits include:
- Targeted workouts: A Kegel exerciser ensures that you are targeting the correct muscles and performing the exercises correctly, leading to improved results.
- Increased motivation: Many Kegel exercisers come with built-in tracking and progress monitoring, helping you to stay motivated and consistent in your workouts.
- Better resistance: Weighted Kegel exercisers provide added resistance for a more challenging workout, resulting in faster and more noticeable improvements in pelvic floor strength.
- Visual feedback: Some high-tech Kegel devices provide visual feedback through smartphone apps, allowing you to better gauge your progress and make adjustments to your routine as needed.
Types of Kegel Exerciser Devices
There are a wide variety of Kegel exerciser devices available on the market, each with its own unique features and benefits. Some common types include:
Transform Your Pelvic Floor in Just 4 Weeks: The Pelvic Floor Bible
- Weighted Balls: Also known as Ben Wa balls or Kegel balls, these simple devices are inserted into the vagina and held in place using the pelvic floor muscles. The added weight helps to provide resistance for a more challenging workout.
- Cones: Similar to weighted balls, cone-shaped Kegel exercisers are inserted into the vaginal canal and held in place using the pelvic floor muscles. The cones often come in various weights, allowing you to gradually increase the challenge of your workouts as your strength improves.
- Resistance Devices: These exercisers work by providing resistance against your pelvic floor muscles as you squeeze and release. They may include springs or adjustable resistance settings for a customizable workout.
- Electrical Stimulation Devices: Some Kegel exercisers use electrical impulses to stimulate the pelvic floor muscles, causing them to contract and relax. This can be particularly helpful for individuals who have difficulty performing kegel exercises due to weakened muscles or lack of sensation.
- Smart Kegel Devices: These high-tech devices connect to your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth and provide real-time feedback on your performance, often incorporating games and progress tracking to help you stay motivated and consistent in your pelvic floor workouts.
Kegel Exerciser Device Example:
Here's an example of how a daily Kegel exerciser workout might look:
1. Start by choosing the appropriate weight for your device, based on your current pelvic floor strength and the recommendations provided by the manufacturer.
2. Insert the Kegel exerciser into your vaginal canal as instructed by the device's manual.
3. Begin by contracting your pelvic floor muscles, holding for 5-10 seconds, then releasing for the same amount of time. Repeat 10-15 times, or until you start to feel fatigued.
4. Gradually increase the duration of your contractions and the number of repetitions as your strength improves.
5. If using a smart Kegel exerciser, utilize the real-time feedback and progress tracking features to make adjustments to your routine as needed and stay motivated in your workouts.
In conclusion, Kegel exerciser devices offer a convenient and effective way to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles and improve your overall health and well-being. With a variety of styles and features to choose from, you can find the perfect exerciser to suit your needs and preferences. As with any exercise routine, consistency is key - so keep up your pelvic floor workouts and enjoy the many benefits that come with a strong and healthy pelvic floor.
We hope you found this guide helpful! Don't forget to share it with friends and family who may also benefit from strengthening their pelvic floors. And be sure to explore our other guides on Pelvic Floor Therapy for more tips and advice on maintaining optimum pelvic health.